- UTAH PTAC – Official Home Page of UTAH PTAC
- APTAC-US – National Professional Organization of government contract specialists
- EIN Number – Get your “Employer Identification Number” online from the IRS
- D-U-N-S Number – Get your number online or by phone. No cost. This is required and will automatically populate the CCR with your company’s info. (Use the following link, since the homepage of is for paid corporate accounts looking for credit packages.)
- CCR Registration – Registration required to win a government contract. Be sure and update yearly. Requires that you have an EIN or SS number and a D-U-N-S number before registering.
- “DSBS” Dynamic Small Business Search – Register and renew through the CCR site. An online résumé for government contracting agents and even your commercial buyers can access to view your contact info and past performance.
- ORCA Registration – An e-Government initiative that was designed to replace the paper based Representations and Certifications (Reps and Certs) process. Requires D-U-N-S number and MPIN from CCR (See ORCA Questionnaire on “Resources” Page)
- Business Owner’s Toolkit – Thousands of pages of information and tools to help you start, run and grow your business – for free.
- B2GFree – Sounds like a coupon site… but it links to thousands of government sites for marketing purposes – federal, state and local. Click on “State and Local” and pull down “Utah” on the left navigation pane for a ton of links.
- GRANTS.gov – The official site for legitimate government grants (usually for educational or scientific purposes).
- State Procurement Websites – Find the purchasing website of all the 50 states.
State of Utah Links
- 8(a) Certification Program – For woman-owned and minority-owned businesses or other social or economically disadvantaged group (does not include veterans)
- Federal Acquisition Jumpstation – More than 150 Internet links to federal procurement web sites that provide a starting point for the vendor community.
- FedBizOpps Quick Search – Search Federal contracting opportunities valued at $25,000 or more
- “FAR” Federal Acquisition Regulations – Look up regulations found in contracts that regulate government contracts. (Once you have enabled or downloaded JAVA from www.java.com and disabled your pop-up blocker this is the easiest site to search the FAR.)
- “GSA” General Services Administration – A way to pre-negotiate costs and receive a longer term contract with the federal government on GSAAdvantage, an online catalog for all government agencies.
- “GSA” Vendor Support Center – Assistance to GSA Vendors
- NAICS Codes “North American Industry Classification System” - Goods and services categorized for contracting, standard across the USA, Canada and Mexico
- “SBA” US Small Business Administration – Resources to start, grow and succeed in business
- SBIR Gateway – Resources and news on SBIR/STTR “Small Business Innovation Research” Grants
- SIC Codes “Standard Industrial System” – Goods and services categorized for contracting, usually considered outdated and replaced by NAICS codes which are standard across the USA, Canada and Mexico
- PRIME CONTRACTOR SMALL BUSINESS REGISTRATION SITES – Contact info for Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Booz Allen Hamilton, L-3, General Dymanics and MORE
- “FPDS” Federal Procurement Data System – Federal Government Spending By Group - To determine the dollar amount that the federal government is purchasing by product/service group (all federal contracts since 1979 by commodity, agency, etc.
- FedSpending.org – Easy to use site that shows the top contract winners, how much money is spent in each state by the federal government, etc. Also, see it’s new companion siteUSASpending.org
- “WAF” Wide Area Workflow – The federal paperless invoicing system, includes training and updates, as well as web-based login for invoicing the government.
Veteran's Business Links