- Navigating Government Contracting Video featuring UTAH PTAC and what we offer
- SMALL FISH, BIG POND Lighthearted overview of government contracting
- EIN Number – Form SS-4 2007 Get your “Employer ID Number” from the IRS
- D-U-N-S Number Get your number online or by phone. No cost. This is required and will automatically populate the CCR with your company's info.
- ORCA Questionnaire For ORCA “Online Representations and Certifications Application”
- Is the Government Marketplace for Me? Minimum requirements for contracting… do you measure up?
- Contracting Lingo Understand the jargon and the alphabet soup that are part of government contracts
- RFP DEPOT How to register to view and submit Utah State bids through the paperless RFP Depot system
- BidMatch Guide for using BidMatch after you complete your “Profile Update” (see Getting Started Page)
- SBA Summary of Small Business Size Standards Is your business a small business by government standards? Size Standards at a glance by 12 industry groups.
- SBA Table of Small Business Size Standards Is your business a small business by government standards? Check by your specific NAICS code.
Grow Your Expertise
- 2007 Governor’s Symposium on Procurement Presentations Presentations given at the 2007 Symposium
- “SBIR” Small Business Innovation Research Grants Overview presentation.
- “RFID” Radio Frequency ID Overview presentation.
- Proposal Writer.com Deborah Kluge imparts of her vast experience as an RFP writer with excellent articles and valuable links
- Rolling the Dice in DC an e-Book by Richard White that ‘tells it like it is’ about how ‘the federal sales game is really played.’
- Surety Bonding 101 Presentation by SIO (Security Information Office, DC) about getting bonded
- Contracting Basics for Construction Presentation that gives overview of construction jobs for the government. Given to SUHBA in 2007.
- 2008 Government Procurement Outlook Report by ONVIA Projections of government spending for infrastructure, technology, business services… as well as trends and priorities. 12 pages with lots of graphs.
Certifications for Minority- and Woman-owned Companies
- State of UTAH DBE Application For woman- and minority-owned businesses in selected industries
- State of UTAH DBE Directory List of certified woman- and minority-owned businesses
- Federal 8(a) Application Federal Application for businesses owned by women or minorities in selected industries
- Federal 8(a) “Are You Scared to Apply on Your Own” by Karen Miller
- Federal 8(a) “The Pain of the SBA 8(a) Certification Process is Worth Your Effort” by Karen Miller
- Federal 8(a) “Complete Your SBA 8a Application in Four Easy Steps” by Karen Miller
- Federal 8(a) “Write Your SBA 8a Social Disadvantage Narrative” by Karen Miller
- Federal 8(a) Assessment Tool by Karen Miller Helps you to see if you qualify and should begin your application for 8(a) status