The Small Business Development Center is dedicated to contributing to Southern Utah’s Economic Growth by helping small businesses achieve their goals of growth expansion, innovation, increased productivity, management improvement and success.
SBDC Services Include:
- Confidential, one-on one consulting in management, financing and marketing
- Intensive management training seminars
- Assistance with access to capital
- Marketing research
- New business feasibility analysis
- Access to current business data, demographics, technological information and statistics
- Small business advocacy
- Government procurement assistance
- 1. Consultations with existing businesses having problems managing their business (especially nascent and early stage businesses):
- Business Plans, incl. cash flow
- Management and Operations
2. Consultations for those whose business is ready for expansion and growth, and is now in need of capital, whether debt or equity.
- General knowledge of loan programs (including guarantees)
- Clear knowledge of how to help develop a business plan
- Clear knowledge of the process of applying for credit and gaining approval for loans
3. Provide entrepreneur training in ways our clients can use, including specialized training in management, HR, accounting & bookkeeping, strategic planning, business software, etc.
4. Consultations with minorities and the disadvantaged who are interested in small business or have a small business and need help.
5.Use of technology to fulfill client support needs and service delivery, while having the highest quality face time for clients
6. Actively participating in the development of each community served, by being an active participant in the chamber and local and state economic development efforts.
7. Consultations on the feasibility of new business ideas:
- One-on-one consultations
- Specialized knowledge as needed to satisfy unusual requests
- Online feasibility consultations available